13 March 2013

What's Been Occurring Wednesday #8

Howdy chaps and chap-ettes! How is this week treating you?

We have had some very changeable weather here - it's snowing one minute and then sunny and blue skies the next! It's lovely and sunny here today but COLD!! Zoe and I are going out for a walk later - we'll need to wrap up nice and toasty warm. Zoe has been having problems with her little teeth since Monday evening, so she's very clingy and crying a lot as well. So it is taking me hours to write this post!!

Sunday was mother's day - my first one ever! Zoe (and Martin) spoiled me quite a bit with choccies and flowers and a 'mum' owl mug!

 photo mday1_zpse7b88f7d.jpg

We spent most of the day with Martin's mum and dad who have just got back from Madeira - his mum cooked us a lovely roast lunch, and then we went for a walk around Plumbland. We walked up past the school and to the chusrch, where I took some photos of the gravestones, then walked back to Martins' muma nd dad's. We had a wonderful day.

 photo sheeps_zps0e6c117e.jpg

 photo churchsml_zpscab5093d.jpg

 photo church_zps6f106b75.jpg

 photo drosp_zps95cc6190.jpg


We visited my mum on Monday for dinner to do mother's day stuff, and they cooked curry for us - yummy! My mum and her hubby are off to Australia tomorrow for 3 weeks - we will miss them sooo much, but it means we get to talk to them on Skype.

I got my first #PostCircle letter in the mail on Saturday, as did one of my prizes from the Little Foal giveaway I blogged about last week - this pretty bow! Zoe and I modelled it - Zoe was not too impressed!

 photo bow_zpse9bbf790.jpg

I had a lovely relaxing saturday morning - I went for a massage and got my eyebrows waxed - not very relaxing to some, but it was an hour without Zoe (and Martin), which I think is the longest I've been on my own without them since Zoe was born!

I did a little bit of Amigurumi last week - my first ever! It's the little dragon, that was in Issue 2 of Simply Crochet magazine, but you can also find it on the allaboutami website on Tumblr here. I've done the head and body, and just need to do two little arms and the tail! And mine is a pinky-purple, not green.


 photo ami_zpsbf6820c8.jpg

Oh, and one of my felty items was featured in an Etsy treasury by Lynn - you can go and have a look here.

Well, I'm off to take Zoe for a walk and to post my next #PostCircle letter.

Thanks for reading
Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...